NASEC APPRENTICES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Stories

4 posters

Go down

Favourite Stories Empty Favourite Stories

Post  Wullie Ness Wed May 26, 2010 1:56 am

Has anyone got a favourite story about the NASEC years. After speaking to a lot of you, the memories are flooding back. Drinking Buckie in Windies car, Andy Holligan in Ally White's car with the two pipes welded together,the Volari night at the wee club down the hill from Seafar House ( forget it's name help!!! ) and loads more.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

https://nasecapprentices.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Favourite Stories Empty Tam Cowan

Post  GaryD Thu May 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Do you remember being out in Falkirk with Mr Cowan in his local and being introduced proudly to his drinking buddies as "my boys", wonder what Mr C is doing now?

GaryD

Back to top Go down

Favourite Stories Empty Re: Favourite Stories

Post  Wullie Ness Fri May 28, 2010 1:36 am

GaryD wrote:Do you remember being out in Falkirk with Mr Cowan in his local and being introduced proudly to his drinking buddies as "my boys", wonder what Mr C is doing now?

Digger was doing a course at METCON or METECH as its known now and Jock was still working there as an instructor.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favourite Stories Empty Mr C

Post  GaryD Fri May 28, 2010 1:42 am

Jock, off course not Tam, my memorys not what it used to be! He must be a good age now.

GaryD

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie Ness Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 am

It's an age thing mate, we're all going through it Laughing
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  richybaby Fri May 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I think my favorite memory must be the Volari night - though I seem to remember it as being a fourth July celebration and some kind of Grolsch promo too. I still drink Grolsch to this day.

Used to love going down to the shop to pick up Buckfast and then sitting on the wee hill drinking it. Ah the joy.

Also used to enjoy trying to figure out which haircut was for me (finished that one in 1994) and what my fashion style was going to be (due for completion 2024).

I remember Spike permed my hair and it went wrong and I remember dying my hair and it going orange or purple or something.

R
richybaby
richybaby

Back to top Go down

Post  richybaby Fri May 28, 2010 3:53 pm

GaryD wrote:Do you remember being out in Falkirk with Mr Cowan in his local and being introduced proudly to his drinking buddies as "my boys", wonder what Mr C is doing now?

Yes I remember that very well. I remember when he opened the door to us he made like he was going to kick Chalmers and he said something like "Ye bastards!"

He he he.

R
richybaby
richybaby

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie Ness Sat May 29, 2010 8:42 am

Ah the Buckie. Still remember the sequence leading up to the swally.

1) peel the label down the middle
2) peel the label down both sides
3) remove the top and squish
4) BLOOOOOOTTTERED.

The scaffies in Cumbernauld must have wondered where the trail of squished Buckie tops came from.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie Ness Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Still cannot remember the name of the wee boozer about 300 yards down the hill from Seafar House. Help please.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryD Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I remember the place but struggling with the name, I do remember the Tryst in c/nauld though, shopping centre, swimming pool and that night club that Beanie spent most of his time at!

GaryD

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie Ness Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 am

GaryD wrote:I remember the place but struggling with the name, I do remember the Tryst in c/nauld though, shopping centre, swimming pool and that night club that Beanie spent most of his time at!

Digger thinks it might be the Kestel but am no sure. The nightclub was Reflections. Still cannae get a hold of Beanie.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny G Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 am

The Kestrel bar ..........and that night that Gary is on about and the long walk back from Camelon after the night oot was when I slept on the dung heap and Effie slept in the bottle store.

Johnny G

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryD Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am

richybaby wrote:I think my favorite memory must be the Volari night - though I seem to remember it as being a fourth July celebration and some kind of Grolsch promo too. I still drink Grolsch to this day.

Used to love going down to the shop to pick up Buckfast and then sitting on the wee hill drinking it. Ah the joy.

Also used to enjoy trying to figure out which haircut was for me (finished that one in 1994) and what my fashion style was going to be (due for completion 2024).

I remember Spike permed my hair and it went wrong and I remember dying my hair and it going orange or purple or something.

R

I remember your hair after Spike worked his magic! Wullie did we not do a DIY perm on you as well?

GaryD

Back to top Go down

Post  Wullie Ness Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I remember your hair after Spike worked his magic! Wullie did we not do a DIY perm on you as well?[/quote]

Aye you did. You gave me the Curt Smith ( Tears For Fears ) look. I think you streaked my hair as well. Probably why I've got a bare ersed forehead now. I also seem to remember dying my hair and it turned out white. I looked like Gary Numan's albino nephew HAHAHA.
Wullie Ness
Wullie Ness
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum